Creamy Garlic Holy Crap Pasta

I can’t speak. I can hardly type. I’m too overcome with warm, creamy, gooey garlic pasta-ness wrapped around my belly like a hand knit blanket. I saw this recipe linked to in a food blog I regularly read and immediately took note. Creamy garlic pasta—what, pray tell, is not to love? Oh, by the way it’s a one pot, 10 minute meal. If you think you found something not to love, consider that ‘one pot’ tidbit you unfinding it.

Sure, this isn’t the healthiest dinner you’ll make all week, but it’s friggin’ delightful. The pasta is infused with the garlic flavored chicken broth it hardly passes as spaghetti. The starch from the noodles helps the broth thick to a sauce as it boils. Topping pasta with sauce is so 2011.

This is a perfect recipe when you want something comforting, quick and homemade—like after your first day of work. It’s not, however, a good meal if you planned on using the limited post-dinner daylight available for a bike ride. #concretepastabelly

Creamy Garlic Holy Crap Pasta
Adapted from The Cheese Pusher

Ingredients
1 T olive oil
1 T butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ t salt
½ t pepper
2 ½ cups chicken stock
½ lb spaghetti or angel hair pasta
¾ c grated parmesan cheese
A splash of half & half
Some herbs, if you feel like it

Directions
1. In a large pot, heat the olive oil. Add the minced garlic and cook 1-2 minutes. Add the butter and mix until melted.
2. Add the salt, pepper and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, then drop in the pasta. 3. Cook the pasta until al dente.
4. Reduce the heat to medium and add the parmesan and half and half until cheese is melted.
5. Turn off the heat, stir in spices (recipe calls for parsley, but I used a little cilantro. Oregano would be tasty too).
6. Let rest for a few minutes for the sauce to thicken—if you can.

Optional last step: Pop in a movie and lay on the couch.

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025