Dana’s Closet: The Morning After Enchiladas Simple Fall Uniform
I love myself an enchilada. A flour tortilla sleeping bag heavy with spicy taco meat and oozy, goozy Mexican cheese is a feisty and comforting treat. The thought alone makes me feel instantly full. Consequently, that’s how I still felt this morning, more than 12 hours after an enchilada feast the night before.
This posed a unique wardrobe problemo.
I usually wear jeans to work (it’s a glorious thing) but no part of me wanted to shimmy my still-filled-with-salsa belly into a pair of skinny jeans. I didn’t want to dress to my mood and kick myself while I was already down, either. I suffered enough last night after accidently touching a jalapeño pepper then scratching my eye. No need to toast away another day in a frumpy get-up.
This is my did-I-eat-that outfit.
The skirt (Banana Republic) is the second greatest thing to ever happen to me (right behind Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches). It’s the only elastic-waisted bottom I’ve got for work. Elastic-waisted bottoms are such a comfy, cozy thing. I don’t think I would have normally opted for a skirt in morning-after-Mexican-food mode, but it was already lying out from an outfit that didn’t quite make it out of the house yesterday.
I was going to go for a fitted cami on top but hello food baby, I wanted something a little less abusive to my self-esteem. Plus I’m totally doing that color-blocking thing all the kids are talking about these days. This cardigan (Old Navy) is one of my favorite things on the planet (right behind the ice cream sandwiches and the skirt); it’s long and semi-loose fitting, but still gives me shape in my shoulders and arms.
The real cherry on top of this outfit is the big ol’ scarf (Francesca's Collection). I could have gotten away without the extra bulk as my magic cardigan covers any side belly action, but why not cover all your bases, am I right? I’m telling myself that since I’m showin’ some leg with the skirt, I’m balancing out the action I got going on up top. I clasped on my default necklace, so I can purposefully drape the scarf lower on my body saying I’m-hip-and-into-layering-and-totally-meant-to-do-this.
Layering. Fall. Enchiladas. Elastic skirts, Skinny Cow Ice Cream. There’s so much good in the post.
I wore the yellow shoes (Old Navy) to be friends with the light yellow in the scarf. I’m sure I’ll wear this again with jeans at some point this fall. As comfort food season approaches, I’m going to need to find alternative cute yet covering outfits- unless I run more. Life is a great balancing act. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to continue digesting.
This posed a unique wardrobe problemo.
I usually wear jeans to work (it’s a glorious thing) but no part of me wanted to shimmy my still-filled-with-salsa belly into a pair of skinny jeans. I didn’t want to dress to my mood and kick myself while I was already down, either. I suffered enough last night after accidently touching a jalapeño pepper then scratching my eye. No need to toast away another day in a frumpy get-up.
This is my did-I-eat-that outfit.
The skirt (Banana Republic) is the second greatest thing to ever happen to me (right behind Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches). It’s the only elastic-waisted bottom I’ve got for work. Elastic-waisted bottoms are such a comfy, cozy thing. I don’t think I would have normally opted for a skirt in morning-after-Mexican-food mode, but it was already lying out from an outfit that didn’t quite make it out of the house yesterday.
I was going to go for a fitted cami on top but hello food baby, I wanted something a little less abusive to my self-esteem. Plus I’m totally doing that color-blocking thing all the kids are talking about these days. This cardigan (Old Navy) is one of my favorite things on the planet (right behind the ice cream sandwiches and the skirt); it’s long and semi-loose fitting, but still gives me shape in my shoulders and arms.
The real cherry on top of this outfit is the big ol’ scarf (Francesca's Collection). I could have gotten away without the extra bulk as my magic cardigan covers any side belly action, but why not cover all your bases, am I right? I’m telling myself that since I’m showin’ some leg with the skirt, I’m balancing out the action I got going on up top. I clasped on my default necklace, so I can purposefully drape the scarf lower on my body saying I’m-hip-and-into-layering-and-totally-meant-to-do-this.
Layering. Fall. Enchiladas. Elastic skirts, Skinny Cow Ice Cream. There’s so much good in the post.
I wore the yellow shoes (Old Navy) to be friends with the light yellow in the scarf. I’m sure I’ll wear this again with jeans at some point this fall. As comfort food season approaches, I’m going to need to find alternative cute yet covering outfits- unless I run more. Life is a great balancing act. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to continue digesting.
