Dana's Closet: Funky Cheetah Spring Top

CHEETAH PRINT! Ahhhh! Ok, this isn't real cheetah print; it's fake, small, spring colored and almost paint speckled print. It's okkkkk.


This is a sample of the many conversations I have with myself when clothes shopping. Don't you have conversations with yourself while clothes shopping? When I started revamping my closet a few years ago, I made it my goal to work my way into wearing more prints. For I once was Queen of Swimming T-shirts, then Your Highness of the Solid Colored Gap Shirt, and most recently Lady of the Stripes. To break away from so many titles, one needs some courage, a candy bar or two, and more self talk than normally acceptable.

I found this shirt at .... wait.... sorry.... just got lost looking at handbags on their website.... Francesca's Collections. Coincidently the same place I bought my blue floral wallpaper dress.

The main reason I bought this little diddy is that it is as comfortable as a t-shirt. It's cut like baseball jersey style (longer in the front and back than on the sides... tell me you know what I'm talking about?) and has similarly baseball-esque three buttons at the top of the slight scoop neck (tough to see in the image, I know). Also, unpictured is a section of elastic ruching which sits at your lower back, giving some shape without telling the world you spent the winter living off cake pops.

The print seemed small enough and the colors not contrasting enough that I could pull it off. And considering I've been gravitating to more darker washed pants/skirts, my funky cheetah top is a burst of controlled and comfy color. When I tuck it in to my nothing-special elastic wasted Banana Republic skirt, It's pretty much like wearing sweats, except totally work appropriate. Sometimes I wear my jean jacket on top as a pretend hoodie and some gold bangles as pretend extra hair ties on my wrist and imagine I've spent the afternoon laying on the couch. Gosh when I think about it, my wardrobe really hasn't changed at all!

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025