Hide Deeper
Did you also find yourself hiding in some prickly bushes today, or was it not your youngest's first day of Kindergarten?
Look, I had to.
Just like I had to follow the bus 3 years ago when my oldest went off to Kindergarten. How could you NOT need to visually confirm a sweet boy with chubby cheeks and a backpack covering shoulders to back of knees arrives to his new unknown of elementary school safely?
Today it was my youngest guy's turn--day 1 of Kindergarten. So, I drove the opposite way from Daddy and both boys (they're drop off AM kids now) and returned to my elementary school parking lot bush hiding location. Out of sight from my kids, but not aggressively so that parents/teachers/other kids were freaked out by the emotional woman in the brush.
I watched both boys hop out of Daddy's car. Older bro hyping up younger bro. Holding his hand. Taking him to the pool of other freaked out Kindergarteners. Sticking with him and giving him a parting ways hug.
Cue the parental relief, tears, pride, stress, excitement, fear, etc.
They're growing into such capable, brilliant, big kids--it's a prickly emotional whirlwind to witness.