Thanksgiving This Year

A 5K to start the day. Not my fastest, by design. Just for fun, because I can, and it feels good.

This stuffing (without chestnuts), which has become the de facto stuffing for years and years. These very easy mashed potatoes. These never fail brownies (with 2 handfuls of chocolate chips tossed in before baking. 

If you might be traveling for Thanksgiving dinner like me, I highly suggest that trifecta. The stuffing transported across the state easily, only vying for one spot in the oven. The mashed potatoes reheated perfectly in the microwave. I brought the brownies baked.

There was something about my mother-in-law's pre-cooked onion and ginger ale turkey that hit just right this year. Classic cheesy potatoes and my sis-in-law's simple green beans were great, too.

There weren't 400 people nor 500 dishes. Just enough for a special family dinner together and a good reminder you don't need any more to be thankful for what you have.

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025