Beep Beep! New Car Alert!

Join me in welcoming to the family Not Yet Named Black Ford SUV #2!

After 9 years with my trusty Nissan Altima, it was time for something new. Something without all the miles, something a little newer, something a smidge bigger.

Thanks to man who went by "Goose" at my local Ford used car dealership, I'm in this beauty now:


A sporty little Ford Escape! With roof rails so I don't have to look so silly pillow mounting two kayaks on top of a sedan. Man, did we make a lot of drives to the river always under 35mph and with a lot of prayer.

First--a moment of silence and recognition for the Nissan Altima. What is it about saying goodbye to a car that is like popping a big bottle of emotions? We got the Altima the fall before we got married. I remember my Dad asking why I was getting such a big sedan, and me knowing that it was because this would be the car I'd drive future kids around in. And drive them around I did. Two of them! For 6 years!

That car saw a whole lot of life changes. It was reliable. It let me strap bikes to its back, kayaks to its roof and handled all my vehicular abuse. It did me well. Farewell Altima! May your next chapter of life be full of even more adventures. 

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025