Chicken Sausage, Veggie + Pasta Sheet Pan Perfection
Sorry, I have no time.
It's a school night, a piano lessons night, a didn't clean all the way up from hosting Yom Kippur last night night, a it's been a full and busy workday night, a got a call to pick up a sick kid from school night, a reading should get done, and someone wants to play marble track, and also I had a good dinner so can I have another small cup of mini marshmallows and blueberries please? night.
This is the dinner I make on that night.
One that is fast and yummy, and yields the perfect amount of leftovers for me to take to family who could use a meal or two prepared for them because they're having a different but equally crazy kind of night too.
So while I'd love to talk, here's dinner:
Chicken Sausage, Veggie + Pasta Sheet Pan Perfection
Ingredients
Chicken sausage
Veggies--bell pepper, onion, Brussels Sprouts, tiny cherry tomatoes from the garden
Gnocchi or frozen cheese tortellini
Pesto
Honey
Directions
1. Cut chicken sausage and veggies to a similar (bite) size
2. Toss on a sheet pan. Cover everything with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano
3. Roast in a 450ยบ oven for 15 minutes
4. While roasting, cook gnocchi or frozen tortellini to directions on package. Drain & set aside
5. After 15 minutes, drizzle the veggies/chicken sausage with honey and broil for 2-3 minutes
6. Remove from oven. Add some spoonfuls of pesto and stir around.
7. Add drained gnocchi or tortellini and stir until everything is mixed together
The olive oil, honey, spices, pesto & roasted veggies should make a light sauce. It's warm, hearty, healthy and reheats perfectly the next time I have one of those nights. Which will be tomorrow.