5 Things on a Friday

The sun (!!!) is shining, the snow is glistening and an open late-January weekend lays ahead of us. We're in a nice groove, I'm in a happy mood and not interested in rhyming anymore but do have to tell you a few things:

1. A&C on SKIs!
This past weekend was our annual family ski trip up north. B and I split skiing one day each with my dad and brother while the other parent hangs back with my mom and the boys. We planned for C to ski, but newly 3-year-old A was adamant he ski too. I'm so glad we listened to him because he did AMAZING!

It was an explosion of joy to see those boys on the bunny hill. The cherry on top was hearing A mid slope yell "I'm doing it! I'm doing it!" Ugh, off to cry again... see you next week.

2. This cream blush
I'm sure there are other good options but I first picked up ULTA's Too Cheeky (color Mood) and am such a fan. It stays on longer than powder blush and the color is A+.

3. Translation station
Oy, with the rhyming. I played a big part in a big work project that just wrapped up. My role specifically was to either write or edit all consumer facing content for a big product announcement (web landing pages, emails, paper letters, packaging information, video scripts, agent call scripts, distributor/retail letters, etc.) AND overseeing the translation and maintenance of all of this content in 25+ languages AND managing the timely launch of all content. You know that saying "it's all Greek to me?" yeah, it WAS all Greek to me.

4. 2022 Family Yearbook
Every year I publish our photos into a Family Yearbook (mentioned here). This year's came in a week ago and it's a beauty. So fun to flip through the pages of our adventures and reminisce. 

5. Fancy dinner Sundays
A 2022 winter tradition carried over to this year. Every Sunday I plan on making a more involved, bigger, family dinner. I put out a table cloth, candle sticks, the nice napkins. So what it's just us around the table in our daytime jammies? It's something fun to look forward to for everyone. The boys LOVE eating by candlelight. I personally would love at least one additional light in the house on so I could see my plate, but hey that's just me.

I made these feta stuffed shells a few weeks ago. This week I'm making Pinch Of Yum's beef stew.

Bonus! Looking for a movie to watch? The Menu on HBO was recommended to me by a friend. It's dark, it's suspenseful, but not scary. It's an unusual plot. Really good.

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025