1 Year at BISSELL
And just like that, it’s been 1 year working at BISSELL.
In my first year I feel like I’ve built a pretty solid foundation. I don’t know everything but I know enough to do my job, lead my team, participate in bigger projects and get the routine “yes, good job” from my boss.
I’m responsible for the product support experience, which includes everything from thousands of troubleshooting articles to designing ways for consumers to return, replace and get help with products on their own.
I oversee a team that helps me with this, which has been rewarding and challenging. I have excellent, beyond capable hands in the kitchen and honestly they know their way around way better than I do. I also want to be a manager people want to work for–and that takes a lot of work in itself.
What’s most thrilling about working at BISSELL is that it’s fast paced, new ideas are often green-lit and there’s plenty of room to get involved. I love that almost all the time, and in the moments when it’s less than invigorating, I’ve been able to get back up on the horse fairly quickly.
In the last 365 days I’ve worked on global projects, brought on new vendors, explored new technologies, designed full user journeys, gained a mentor, became a mentor, was invited to join an emerging leaders training group, and accepted as a new member of BISSELL’s women’s group.
More important than any of that–I’m challenged regularly, I’m afforded decent professional freedom to explore new projects, I’m kept busy and I like the people/manager I work with.
A vacuum manufacturer. Young Dana wouldn’t have pictured it, but I’m enjoying it a lot.
In my first year I feel like I’ve built a pretty solid foundation. I don’t know everything but I know enough to do my job, lead my team, participate in bigger projects and get the routine “yes, good job” from my boss.
I’m responsible for the product support experience, which includes everything from thousands of troubleshooting articles to designing ways for consumers to return, replace and get help with products on their own.
I oversee a team that helps me with this, which has been rewarding and challenging. I have excellent, beyond capable hands in the kitchen and honestly they know their way around way better than I do. I also want to be a manager people want to work for–and that takes a lot of work in itself.
What’s most thrilling about working at BISSELL is that it’s fast paced, new ideas are often green-lit and there’s plenty of room to get involved. I love that almost all the time, and in the moments when it’s less than invigorating, I’ve been able to get back up on the horse fairly quickly.
In the last 365 days I’ve worked on global projects, brought on new vendors, explored new technologies, designed full user journeys, gained a mentor, became a mentor, was invited to join an emerging leaders training group, and accepted as a new member of BISSELL’s women’s group.
More important than any of that–I’m challenged regularly, I’m afforded decent professional freedom to explore new projects, I’m kept busy and I like the people/manager I work with.
A vacuum manufacturer. Young Dana wouldn’t have pictured it, but I’m enjoying it a lot.