Winter Menu 2019
You know the feeling of finding a shirt you really like. A shirt you really really like so much that you buy it in four different colors and it becomes your unofficial uniform?
I’ve caught myself doing that with dinners.
Each season I settle into several meals and those just happen to stick on rotation for a while. Sometimes it’s because they are so mega yummy I just crave them over and over, like another color of the same shirt. Other times it’s because a meal is just top of mind and I can’t think of anything else and sure, let’s have it again.
Here are the stand-bys that continuously pop up on our kitchen table this winter, plus a new recipe that snuck its way into the rotation late:
Pinch Of Yum’s Chicken Meatballs
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken - This goes onto salads, into quesadillas, in pasta, tossed into soups and more.
Pinch Of Yum’s Beef Stew (the Instant Pot version)
Beef Stir Fry - With a 3 part soy sauce, 2 part rice vinegar, 1 part brown sugar and a little cornstarch as the sauce
Enchiladas or quesadillas
Pinch Of Yum’s Salmon Cakes
Tuna Noodle - This is often a weekend lunch meal the three of us devour
Pinch Of Yum’s Instant Pot Mac & Cheese
Half Baked Harvest’s Persian Herb Chickpea Stew - I’m the only one that will eat this. I’ve been devouring it for lunch over maternity leave
Grilled cheese & tomato soup
Sides: Roasted carrots or salad with parmesan cheese and a yogurt based caesar dressing
Another meal that has taken over our dinners is Merk Chicken. This is a recipe an old coworker of mine shared and it’s so simple and so so yummy.
Merk Chicken
Marinate thinly cut or pounded chicken breasts in a mixture of soy sauce, honey, olive oil and dried thyme. I like to do this on the weekend so I can marinade the chicken for 2ish hours, flipping in the marinade half way.
Cut up carrots and onions and toss them on a sheet pan. Drizzle olive oil on top and season with salt and pepper. On top of the veggies, place the chicken. Over the chicken, add slices of fresh cut lemons. (I forgot to buy a lemon last time I made this so instead drizzled the sheet pan with lemon juice once it came out of the oven.)
Roast at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve over rice. (I like to toss my rice with a little soy sauce and honey so it has the flavor of the chicken.)
I’ve caught myself doing that with dinners.
Each season I settle into several meals and those just happen to stick on rotation for a while. Sometimes it’s because they are so mega yummy I just crave them over and over, like another color of the same shirt. Other times it’s because a meal is just top of mind and I can’t think of anything else and sure, let’s have it again.
Here are the stand-bys that continuously pop up on our kitchen table this winter, plus a new recipe that snuck its way into the rotation late:
Pinch Of Yum’s Chicken Meatballs
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken - This goes onto salads, into quesadillas, in pasta, tossed into soups and more.
Pinch Of Yum’s Beef Stew (the Instant Pot version)
Beef Stir Fry - With a 3 part soy sauce, 2 part rice vinegar, 1 part brown sugar and a little cornstarch as the sauce
Enchiladas or quesadillas
Pinch Of Yum’s Salmon Cakes
Tuna Noodle - This is often a weekend lunch meal the three of us devour
Pinch Of Yum’s Instant Pot Mac & Cheese
Half Baked Harvest’s Persian Herb Chickpea Stew - I’m the only one that will eat this. I’ve been devouring it for lunch over maternity leave
Grilled cheese & tomato soup
Sides: Roasted carrots or salad with parmesan cheese and a yogurt based caesar dressing
Another meal that has taken over our dinners is Merk Chicken. This is a recipe an old coworker of mine shared and it’s so simple and so so yummy.
Merk Chicken
Marinate thinly cut or pounded chicken breasts in a mixture of soy sauce, honey, olive oil and dried thyme. I like to do this on the weekend so I can marinade the chicken for 2ish hours, flipping in the marinade half way.
Cut up carrots and onions and toss them on a sheet pan. Drizzle olive oil on top and season with salt and pepper. On top of the veggies, place the chicken. Over the chicken, add slices of fresh cut lemons. (I forgot to buy a lemon last time I made this so instead drizzled the sheet pan with lemon juice once it came out of the oven.)
Roast at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve over rice. (I like to toss my rice with a little soy sauce and honey so it has the flavor of the chicken.)