C Is 2!
Wahoo, our little boy is 2!
This birthday felt like no surprise. C’s a walking (running), talking, joking, tumbling (somersaulting), funny, kind and smart toddler. He already seemed 2 to me. Then again it wasn’t long ago we brought this 6-pound squirmier home from the hospital. It’s wild to think how much he’s grown in a short period of time, and a very accomplishing feeling too.
B and I have had a long on our plate/minds the last few weeks, and the next few weeks to come. This weekend has been long booked with must-attend engagements unrelated to C’s birthday. It felt me feeling like his day wasn’t going to get the glitter and jazz it deserves.
I’m happy to report we pulled off a great day for C. He blissfully, and rightfully!, knew nothing about mom/dad’s stress levels.
Two days before his birthday I hung pennant flags all around the house—on the mantle, on top of built-in cabinets, over every walkway/archway on the main floor. This, in case you’re looking for it, is what I used and it was a great use of $12.
I wanted him to enjoy the flags for more than just one day, and he did. The whole house was bright in color and he ooh’ed and ahh’ed over them.
The night before his birthday, while he was in bed, B and I blew up nearly 40 balloons and filled the playroom with them. This must have taken us 15 minutes or so? But C’s reaction and joy to them in the morning was wild and lasted (totaling up all his balloon time for the day) over an hour.
I sprung C early from daycare and we came home for pizza and a cupcake. The only thing he asked for, and asked for repeatedly, for his birthday was “pizza”, so I figured I could easily oblige. Afterward we went to the library for a kid’s magic show.
He knows how to sing the happy birthday song from daycare, which we sung together several times the day before and day of. He knows on his birthday he is 2, and can tell you so. He spent the majority of the day with a grin on his face, dancing and hopping around. It’s all I could have asked for on his special day.