#47 Weekend Notes: Thanksgiving
Hello from the other side of Thanksgiving.
I’m back from a long weekend visiting family on the other side of the state. We had a real nice, un-rushed, trip with the kind of quality time with people we love that felt so relaxed it was as if we live there. That’s the feeling I’m always hoping for when heading home and we got loads of it this go round.
Now onto important stuff.
TURKEY TROT:
For record keeping, not bragging, purposes--I did not run the official Turkey Trot this year because my running partner (brother) had to work. Instead I ran a very cold 5-miles on my own, not for time just for me. It was great, dare I say better than hiking downtown super early for the crowded race? Just a thought for Thanksgiving-2019-future-me.
TURKEY DINNER:
This year we were with my family for Thursday Thanksgiving dinner. My mom and I hosted 14 adults (and two littles) at my grandparent’s condo. We cooked all day and showed up with turkey, stuffing, asparagus, gravy, cranberry sauce, cheesecake and challah bread. Everyone chipped in other dishes which meant we had enough for a whole ‘nother dinner at the end of the night. Just like Thanksgiving should be. Friday night we had Thanksgiving with my husband’s family… and again had enough food to go again. But please. I can’t go again. So full.
WHAT ELSE?
I went to yoga with my mom. C learned how to wiggle his ears. We got to sleep in and rest thanks to great babe wrangling help (as always) from my mother-in-law. We watched football. Baked an apple pie. Put up a Christmas tree. And thought very little about our regular responsibilities waiting for us back home. #winning
I’m back from a long weekend visiting family on the other side of the state. We had a real nice, un-rushed, trip with the kind of quality time with people we love that felt so relaxed it was as if we live there. That’s the feeling I’m always hoping for when heading home and we got loads of it this go round.
Now onto important stuff.
TURKEY TROT:
For record keeping, not bragging, purposes--I did not run the official Turkey Trot this year because my running partner (brother) had to work. Instead I ran a very cold 5-miles on my own, not for time just for me. It was great, dare I say better than hiking downtown super early for the crowded race? Just a thought for Thanksgiving-2019-future-me.
TURKEY DINNER:
This year we were with my family for Thursday Thanksgiving dinner. My mom and I hosted 14 adults (and two littles) at my grandparent’s condo. We cooked all day and showed up with turkey, stuffing, asparagus, gravy, cranberry sauce, cheesecake and challah bread. Everyone chipped in other dishes which meant we had enough for a whole ‘nother dinner at the end of the night. Just like Thanksgiving should be. Friday night we had Thanksgiving with my husband’s family… and again had enough food to go again. But please. I can’t go again. So full.
WHAT ELSE?
I went to yoga with my mom. C learned how to wiggle his ears. We got to sleep in and rest thanks to great babe wrangling help (as always) from my mother-in-law. We watched football. Baked an apple pie. Put up a Christmas tree. And thought very little about our regular responsibilities waiting for us back home. #winning