Mama Approved Baked Oatmeal Bars
Mamas looking to feed hungry children good things, granola fans, peeps who are ready for warming cinnamon laced fall inspired foods--gather round.
I made this oatmeal bake last week as a breakfast solution for my little boy, and he’s loving it. And so am I.
It comes together quick with mostly pantry ingredients and makes really great on-the-go soft, filling breakfast bars.
Once cooled I slice my bake into bars and wrap them in tin foil. I pull them out fast and micro them for 30 seconds for a really yummy start to the day.
Baked Oatmeal Bars
Modified from All Recipes
Ingredients
3 cups rolled oats
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
A dash of nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 eggs
¼ cup melted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¾ cup dried cranberries, blueberries or diced apple
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients
3. Stir in milk, eggs, butter and vanilla extract
4. Stir in fruit
5. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish and bake for 40 minutes
NOTES: I modified this recipe from the original version. I cut down the sugar (original recipe called for 1 cup brown sugar, but I modified to ½ cup mix of brown sugar and maple syrup) which makes my bars not overly sweet. I also cut back the amount of butter called for, and have made this recipe with and without a few tablespoons of flaxseed meal and chia seeds added.
I made this oatmeal bake last week as a breakfast solution for my little boy, and he’s loving it. And so am I.
It comes together quick with mostly pantry ingredients and makes really great on-the-go soft, filling breakfast bars.
Once cooled I slice my bake into bars and wrap them in tin foil. I pull them out fast and micro them for 30 seconds for a really yummy start to the day.
Baked Oatmeal Bars
Modified from All Recipes
Ingredients
3 cups rolled oats
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
A dash of nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 eggs
¼ cup melted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¾ cup dried cranberries, blueberries or diced apple
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients
3. Stir in milk, eggs, butter and vanilla extract
4. Stir in fruit
5. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish and bake for 40 minutes
NOTES: I modified this recipe from the original version. I cut down the sugar (original recipe called for 1 cup brown sugar, but I modified to ½ cup mix of brown sugar and maple syrup) which makes my bars not overly sweet. I also cut back the amount of butter called for, and have made this recipe with and without a few tablespoons of flaxseed meal and chia seeds added.