#30 Weekend Notes: Beach + Buddies
What a really, really, really good weekend we had.
Friday we went on a date night and Saturday we took a family trip to the beach.
Because a drive out to Lake Michigan + crowds feels a bit much still we opted for a local metro park with a splash pad, small inland lake beach and plenty of space to sprawl out.
C loved it! He sat in the shallow water splashing and exploring and waving around his water toys. Mega success, especially with an awesome sun tent I recently purchased.
Sunday we prepped and hosted a family party for two other couples and their near 1-year-olds. I made a waffle bar and this beyond yummy egg casserole which was a total hit, and totally easy. I’m grateful for the good social time with good friends and the fact that there are some leftovers.
Friday we went on a date night and Saturday we took a family trip to the beach.
Because a drive out to Lake Michigan + crowds feels a bit much still we opted for a local metro park with a splash pad, small inland lake beach and plenty of space to sprawl out.
C loved it! He sat in the shallow water splashing and exploring and waving around his water toys. Mega success, especially with an awesome sun tent I recently purchased.
Sunday we prepped and hosted a family party for two other couples and their near 1-year-olds. I made a waffle bar and this beyond yummy egg casserole which was a total hit, and totally easy. I’m grateful for the good social time with good friends and the fact that there are some leftovers.