35 Weeks
At my last doctor’s appointment my doctor told me to stay pregnant until week 35—“then you can do whatever you want.”
Well here we are, 35 weeks today, in official whatever-I-want territory. Whatever-I-want is such a strange thought right now.
Whatever-I-want is to wrap up this pregnancy adventure—skip the last five weeks of constantly feeling like I just dismounted my bike from a 10-hour ride and to be done with bathroom breaks every 15 minutes.
Whatever-I-want is to be in our next chapter—to be past with the unknowns of labor and to meet the little guy who has been growing, kicking, stretching and karate chopping my internal organs.
Whatever-I-want is also to stay right here in this spot—this spot where the discomfort and practice Braxton Hicks contractions I’ve been feeling are no big deal. This spot where Bub’s wild man in-the-womb antics remind me he’s safe and healthy, and where my body seems to know exactly how to care for him. This spot where the life and love Ben and I have built is 100% intact and untouched by sleepless nights, overwhelming moments and unknown challenges.
I’m simultaneously wanting what’s next and apprehensive about it. Ben and I talk all the time about how wild it is to not know what life looks like five weeks from now. We know it’ll be our greatest challenge, but also our most fulfilling and beautiful adventure.
It’s hazy in a scary and exciting way. Whatever it is is whatever we want.
Well here we are, 35 weeks today, in official whatever-I-want territory. Whatever-I-want is such a strange thought right now.
Whatever-I-want is to wrap up this pregnancy adventure—skip the last five weeks of constantly feeling like I just dismounted my bike from a 10-hour ride and to be done with bathroom breaks every 15 minutes.
Whatever-I-want is to be in our next chapter—to be past with the unknowns of labor and to meet the little guy who has been growing, kicking, stretching and karate chopping my internal organs.
Whatever-I-want is also to stay right here in this spot—this spot where the discomfort and practice Braxton Hicks contractions I’ve been feeling are no big deal. This spot where Bub’s wild man in-the-womb antics remind me he’s safe and healthy, and where my body seems to know exactly how to care for him. This spot where the life and love Ben and I have built is 100% intact and untouched by sleepless nights, overwhelming moments and unknown challenges.
I’m simultaneously wanting what’s next and apprehensive about it. Ben and I talk all the time about how wild it is to not know what life looks like five weeks from now. We know it’ll be our greatest challenge, but also our most fulfilling and beautiful adventure.
It’s hazy in a scary and exciting way. Whatever it is is whatever we want.