My To-Be Mom’s Day Weekend
What a weekend we had over here.
Not only was my brother in town for the Riverbank Run and for partnering in general mischief, and not only did Ben finish up the last project for Bub’s room, but I celebrated my first Mother’s Day too.
We had phenom weather in West Michigan this weekend. It was awesome for spectating—and for E to run—the Riverbank 10K on Saturday morning. It stayed perfect later in the day for some sunny naps, walks outside, grilling out and for visiting one too many ice cream shops. Sunday was beautiful too and we made good use of it touring Tulip Time and Lake Michigan in Holland.

And Bub’s room! It’s finally, pretty much, mostly 100% complete. We’re missing very few small must-have items for his arrival, but all the furniture and decorations are in place. It’s such a peaceful corner of the house, my favorite spot for sure.
All bedding, bath towels and tiny outfits still need to be washed, but we’ll get to that.
Doesn’t that look like the perfect spot to sleep quietly through the entire night? #positivethinking I made the mobile and the third white rectangle in the dinosaur picture frame is no mistake, it’s a print with Bub’s actual name which we’ll flip right side out when he arrives.
The unmistakable theme going on is dinosaurs, of course, including the dinosaur lamp which Ben had in his room growing up. I’m not sure it’s possible for Ben to have a son who isn’t fully immersed and influenced to have a strong love of dinosaurs from an early age.
Here is photo evidence of a dresser that has caused much family turmoil—and by “much family turmoil” I mean the number of calls I received from my grandma who is distraught the dresser isn’t white to match other furniture in the room.
Anyway.
Ben painted and mounted that little bookshelf over the weekend. I had it stuck in my mind he could make it out of scrap wood in our basement and while not exactly a master craftsman, boy did he pull through. It’s simple and a great place to house our current collection of stories.
With that, everything is falling into place. We’ve got 10 weeks to go until we meet this little one and we can’t wait.
Not only was my brother in town for the Riverbank Run and for partnering in general mischief, and not only did Ben finish up the last project for Bub’s room, but I celebrated my first Mother’s Day too.
We had phenom weather in West Michigan this weekend. It was awesome for spectating—and for E to run—the Riverbank 10K on Saturday morning. It stayed perfect later in the day for some sunny naps, walks outside, grilling out and for visiting one too many ice cream shops. Sunday was beautiful too and we made good use of it touring Tulip Time and Lake Michigan in Holland.
And Bub’s room! It’s finally, pretty much, mostly 100% complete. We’re missing very few small must-have items for his arrival, but all the furniture and decorations are in place. It’s such a peaceful corner of the house, my favorite spot for sure.
All bedding, bath towels and tiny outfits still need to be washed, but we’ll get to that.
Doesn’t that look like the perfect spot to sleep quietly through the entire night? #positivethinking I made the mobile and the third white rectangle in the dinosaur picture frame is no mistake, it’s a print with Bub’s actual name which we’ll flip right side out when he arrives.
The unmistakable theme going on is dinosaurs, of course, including the dinosaur lamp which Ben had in his room growing up. I’m not sure it’s possible for Ben to have a son who isn’t fully immersed and influenced to have a strong love of dinosaurs from an early age.
Here is photo evidence of a dresser that has caused much family turmoil—and by “much family turmoil” I mean the number of calls I received from my grandma who is distraught the dresser isn’t white to match other furniture in the room.
Anyway.
Ben painted and mounted that little bookshelf over the weekend. I had it stuck in my mind he could make it out of scrap wood in our basement and while not exactly a master craftsman, boy did he pull through. It’s simple and a great place to house our current collection of stories.
With that, everything is falling into place. We’ve got 10 weeks to go until we meet this little one and we can’t wait.
