Meet Me At The Dentist
I had a dentist appointment yesterday. It just so happened to fall between a really busy morning and a really busy afternoon.
Everything was routine all the way around until the very end of my appointment.
While checkout out, my hygienist scheduled my next appointment in early March. I got out my phone and quickly tapped away adding it to my calendar.
I had been flying around all day and, of course, was trying to fly through adding my appointment on my calendar too.
I started typing in my work email address to save the appointment to my work calendar. D, B, U, R. Usually that’s all I need to type and the rest will pop up. And it did. So I was all set. Or so I thought.
As I hit “save”, something strange caught my eye. “Invited 1: David Burina”. Who is David Burina?
It turns out David Burina is a employee at the company I work at with a very similar email address as me. And since my phone is connected to the larger company address book database, his name popped up as an invite option. And I selected it.
“CRAP! I think I just invited a coworker to my March appointment!”
My hygienist thought that was hilarious. Because, if it doesn’t happen to you, it is hilarious. As she giggled, I tried to course correct but it was too late.
Also? I have no idea who David Burina is. There are 11,000 people that work at my company. The only thing we share is a matching first initial and the first three letters of our last names.
When I got back to my desk I quickly typed out an email to David. “Sorry about that… no need to attend my dentist appointment.”
Ugh. Random coworker. Invited to attend “Dentist at noon” on March 6. With me.
If you’re looking for me, I’ll just be over here second guessing every single key on my keyboard I touch for the remainder of the year.
Everything was routine all the way around until the very end of my appointment.
While checkout out, my hygienist scheduled my next appointment in early March. I got out my phone and quickly tapped away adding it to my calendar.
I had been flying around all day and, of course, was trying to fly through adding my appointment on my calendar too.
I started typing in my work email address to save the appointment to my work calendar. D, B, U, R. Usually that’s all I need to type and the rest will pop up. And it did. So I was all set. Or so I thought.
As I hit “save”, something strange caught my eye. “Invited 1: David Burina”. Who is David Burina?
It turns out David Burina is a employee at the company I work at with a very similar email address as me. And since my phone is connected to the larger company address book database, his name popped up as an invite option. And I selected it.
“CRAP! I think I just invited a coworker to my March appointment!”
My hygienist thought that was hilarious. Because, if it doesn’t happen to you, it is hilarious. As she giggled, I tried to course correct but it was too late.
Also? I have no idea who David Burina is. There are 11,000 people that work at my company. The only thing we share is a matching first initial and the first three letters of our last names.
When I got back to my desk I quickly typed out an email to David. “Sorry about that… no need to attend my dentist appointment.”
Ugh. Random coworker. Invited to attend “Dentist at noon” on March 6. With me.
If you’re looking for me, I’ll just be over here second guessing every single key on my keyboard I touch for the remainder of the year.