Fast & Fancy Hosting Snackers


Hey there. Let’s have a virtual girl night while you read this—you pour the wine, I’ll bring the snacks. Actually, pour me a short class, I’m kinda wined out.

I hosted two back-to-back girls nights this week, which is two more than I usually host in a given week, but still so fun.

Monday night I invited a slew of coworkers over for a Bachelor viewing party. I know… The Bachelor. You can laugh and tease, but it was kind of a rockin’ party. I made ridiculous Bachelor Bingo cards with boxes like “someone gets awkwardly sweaty”, “blonde cries” and “the bachelor kisses his third girl of the night”. He actually ended up kissing at least seven, so I forecasted real low.


Last night a new neighbor friend came by for a wine night. We swapped stories about work, house projects and workouts—including that time an old man sweat on me during hot yoga. This is why I don’t do hot yoga.

Back to back hosting gigs made serving snacks and drinks easy—only I was keep to the fact I served the same snacks two nights in a row. Well, now you’re keen to it too, but I know you won’t tell.

The big hit both nights were Triscuit snackers I made. These are so versatile it’s more of a formula than a recipe—a little cracker, a little schemer and a little something on top. The apple variety I’ve made plenty of times, but the cucumber snacker was new thanks to some fancy flavored salt I was gifted.

Because Triscuits are a thicker cracker they don’t get too soggy with toppings. Still you’ll want to make these as close to your party time as possible. Even as they soften they still have a crunch; the flavor combos on top steel the show anyway.

If this virtual girls night we’re having was a real girls night, I’d totally make these for you.

Apple Honey Snackers
Laughing Cow swiss cheese, Honeycrisp apple slices and a drizzle of honey

Salted Cucumber Snackers
Cream cheese, English cucumber slices, lemon dill sea salt (regular salt or dill fronds and salt would work fine)

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025