User Experience Conference in Vegas

I’m back from Vegas—and man did I live it by passing out every night before 10pm, spending my days buzzed on coffee and betting on online multiple choice quiz questions!

This trip wasn’t really about experiencing Sin City, though I did run the strip one morning (female calling cards littered across the sidewalk—ew) and watched the Bellagio fountains then got lost in the Bellagio and anyway… Vegas is a weird, surreal city.



My trip was a work trip for a Nielsen Norman Group user experience conference and it was so, so, so great.

User experience is what it’s like for a user to experience a design. We’re users experiencing design every day from the knobs on a stove to the TV remote to websites to so much more.

The conference was all about how to test the design of products, services and websites to ensure they’re intuitive and efficient to use (similar to what I did in April). It involves learning how to interview users correctly, how to measure their experience and satisfaction and how to report this all back to your company so the design can be improved.

One of the perks of this conference was that it comes with the option of getting a conference certification along with it. At the end of each 8-hour lecture I got an email with a test on the material I learned. I passed all three, and if I attend next year and pass two more I become certified.

Until then I can put all my snazzy user interviewing skills to use and bring valuable advice to Steelcase products and services. Watch out world, everything I touch is about to be enjoyable as heck to use.

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025