Mr. and Mrs. T.
Three bananas foster cupcakes. Those leftover wedding treats brought over by Andy and Ashley are all that’s left from their wedding last weekend. Sure, somewhere in this apartment there are two can koozies with their name and wedding date on ‘em, but I don’t even have a photo of us with the bride and groom for cryin’ out sideways.
Watching our two buddies commit their lives to each other was too beautiful to witness from behind the screen of a camera. Plus I had to focus on controlling my emotional wedding weeping that has plagued me at every wedding since Chelsea’s. Talk about cryin’ sideways. Even their reception was too full of dancing, laughing, drinking and chatting to remember to take home the flowers gifted to me by Ashley’s mom.
I was too busy sing/yelling Backstreet Boys lyrics on the dance floor with Ashley and her girlfriends who have become my girlfriends, too. Ben, Andy and their Troy gang were too busy busting out dance moves that would put Usher to shame—plus a few booze-induced moves that Usher would just find downright shameful…sorry fellas.
By now my emotions have simmered and the lines my shoes temporarily tattooed onto my feet have faded. Yeah, we’ve got the cupcakes, but we don’t need any material reminders of how awesome their big day was. Andy and Ashley are the kind of fun-loving couple that live in constant celebration of the good in life—and Ben and I can’t wait to continue the party with them.
