Lessons in Cilantro Yogurt Sauce
Last Friday I got a nasty paper cut while writing a check for our wedding photographer. (Don't worry, that irony isn't lost on me.)
Band Aid and spending most of my income tax return within a week aside, choosing a photographer was shockingly easy. Most of our wedding-related decisions have been. Every choice has felt comfortable, like it fits within our puzzle.
I felt the same kind of comfort when Ben and I ate at the Beat Hotel in Boston. I ordered the Inca Bowl, a roasted veggie and quinoa conglomeration so close to my own cooking style had it been served on blue Ikea dishware I would have thought it was mine.
The kicker was a cilantro yogurt sauce. I definitely hadn't been there, done that. When I recreated the Inca Bowl at home, I took a step outside my norm and attempted my own cilantro sauce. And yum, I must say. It's like hot fudge to a bowl of ice cream—you don't need it, per say, but dang it all, it brings the party.
When it comes to wedding planning, I'm making note of the cilantro yogurt sauce lesson. I'm grateful for areas of comfort, but no vendor or venue will make this thing feel like it's ours. We're in charge of the details that will add to the recipe of our perfect day.
Bring it on.
Roasted Veggie Bowls w/Cilantro Yogurt Sauce
Ingredients
sweet potato
baby carrots, cut in half
a small onion
½ cup cooked quinoa
1/4 cup steamed kale
1 cup loosely packed cilantro
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
juice from 1 lime
salt and pepper to taste
Directions
1. Cut sweet potato, carrots and onion to similar bite size pieces. Drizzle olive oil over top and sprinkle on salt and pepper. Roast at 450 degrees until cooked through (about 20 minutes).
2. Combine cilantro, yogurt, olive oil, garlic and lime juice in a food processor. Grind until cilantro leaves are pulverized and sauce comes together.
3. Combine quinoa, kale and roasted veggies in a bowl. Drizzle cilantro yogurt dressing over top and eat.
