Community Supported Awesomeness
Remember when all it took to get geeked out was the idea of dad’s French toast on Sundays, a new episode of All That or your swim coach allowing you to prop your favorite stuffed seal on a set of kickboards to watch you practice? I know you do.
Today, I’m that insignificant-situation-seems-overly-awesome amped up. Today, I mailed a check to join a CSA.
Every Wednesday night from June to October, I’ll have a plentiful basket of local seasonal fruits and veggies waiting for me at a farmer’s market near work. Ta ta gray looking cucumbers from Florida hanging out at my grocery store! Sayonara box of strawberries from California that always includes a few grossely mushy berries!
I’ve wanted to do this for a few years now, but now can finally commit to it.And to living in one town through fall. Even with a half share, it’s very possible Ben and I will be up to our eyeballs in produce. I might just have to get a juicer—commence double geek-out.
Today, I’m that insignificant-situation-seems-overly-awesome amped up. Today, I mailed a check to join a CSA.
Every Wednesday night from June to October, I’ll have a plentiful basket of local seasonal fruits and veggies waiting for me at a farmer’s market near work. Ta ta gray looking cucumbers from Florida hanging out at my grocery store! Sayonara box of strawberries from California that always includes a few grossely mushy berries!
I’ve wanted to do this for a few years now, but now can finally commit to it.